ZMR250 Rebuild

Spent the whole of Saturday watching Flite Test & rebuilding my ZMR250 that hadn’t even had its maiden outdoor flight.

IMG_20160220_143522

New PDB to replace the cheap one the kit came with that didn’t actually have mounting holes that matched the ZMR’s. I had the old one ziptied straight to the frame without knowing that carbon fibre is electrically conductive… New one has built in BECs for 5v & 12v (the latter needs at least 4S).

DSCN0887

I’ve never liked soldering pads.

DSCN0891

New CC3D to replace the Atom which stopped talking to my computer. I never liked the old one anyway – no mounting holes, resorted to velco/zipties.

DSCN0892

Making enough clearance for the CC3D’s USB socket over the PDB’s shielding means that the ESC cables are tight against the top layer of the frame, but I didn’t have any slimmer standoffs to go beneath the PDB.

DSCN0896

I could’ve maybe shortened the ESC cables to keep things neater, but I’m only going to go & break it as soon as I fly it.

DSCN0897

Cables on the 3S nano-techs are shorter than the 2S I originally bought, so it’s tighter than I’d like.

DSCN0899

Much better than having the Atom velcro’d/zip tied onto the uninsulated PDB :3

DSCN0902

Then I went to the park & flew 2x 1300mAh batteries without it disappearing into the sky never to be seen again & without it falling apart in mid air. I didn’t even break any props!

DSCN0905

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *